Monday, June 6, 2011

Well, color me shocked

because the candidate I thought was going to win the Peruvian elections, didn't win.

It's a case of NOT going with the devil they knew, I guess.

If you've ever considered a trip to Peru, or if you've been and would like to go back, I would add to your Must See list of Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Nazca, etc. with the beautiful and friendly city of Chiclayo. It is this northern coastal area of the country where both my mom and dad's families are from. I am lucky to still have lots of relatives there, so I'm always happy to visit.

In Chiclayo you will find warmer weather than in Lima, delicious regional cuisine, lots of historical interest, such as the Lord of Sipan, pictured here:


If you stay at the Gloria Plaza hotel, I should have you know that Gloria Plaza is my godmother, and my godfather is the owner ;D

The cathedral and main square:


If it's beaches you want, the Chiclayo area has some of the best beaches in the world, the sand fine, the water warm and inviting.

It's been years since I went to Peru, and I long to see this in person:

It is the Chiclayo airport. If I see it in person, then it means I am in for a great time with some of the people I love the most.

No comments: