Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A favorite wine


I am hardly a wine connoisseur. In fact, I often say I am a complete peasant when it comes to my tastes: I like what I like whether it costs $2 or $200. Luckily, we have friends who know a lot about wine and share their finds with us when we hang out. This is one that has remained a favorite since my husband and I first tried it.

This zinfandel is rich and spicy, and ideal for enjoying with a steak dinner - the best thing about it is that it is NOT $200. You will find it for around $12 at many super markets, and definitely at places like BevMo. Also, if you are enjoying some dessert with your meal, I would order some kind of chocolate cake or torte to add one more layer of decadence to your dinner.

If you're up for trying something new next time you're shopping for wine, I would definitely recommend you try some Rancho Zabaco Zinfandel - and if you think I've been in any way, shape or form compensated for this post, I can only say "I wish".

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh I love zinfandel wine and always looking for a great one! Although I rarely ever drink because I'm allergic to the sulfites in wine! LOL Have a great evening!

Blessings,
Jill

dkshopgirl said...

oooh, must let my other half know - he's a big red wine lover ...

hey love your new background too!!! so shabby!

gorgeous.