Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

This Sunday is going to be a little rough. Rather, a lot rough. You see, it's the first Father's Day without my dear dad. We would usually have lunch with my in-laws and then head over to my parents' for dinner.

I will be celebrating my husband's fatherhood and delighting in his neverending love and patience for our little boys, but at the same time I will be thinking of my dad. I miss my dad every single day but this Sunday, maybe a little more poignantly.

Here is my dad enjoying his youngest grandchild, my little one:
xjoel4
I don't remember what we got him for Father's Day last year, or what we ate, or what we talked about. I had no idea he only had another couple of weeks left to live. My heart breaks at the lost moments I wish I could remember, but someday, I know I will get to see my dad again. Until then, happy father's day, daddy. I love you.

7 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh, my dear friend...

I don't know what to say... here I'm trying to control my tears. I'm really sorry for this. I really am.

All I can do is tell you that I'll be praying for you on Sunday. May God comfort your heart and yes, you're right. We'll be together with our loved ones when the time is right.

Have faith that he's better now. We're all better when we're with God.

A BIG hug to you.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I also am trying to stop my tears. Thanks for sharing about your dad. I love the sweet picture too. I think it captures what a fun and loving Grandfather he was.

This was a good reminder for me to appreciate my loved ones.

Lisa said...

Warm hugs Chicka ♥

Lori-Anne said...

Hugs sweetie...love you.

OrangeS said...

Hugs!!! And that is a great pic of him happy! Just remember that, he was happy!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I'm thinking about you, my friend.

hugs.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending hugs your way...

Blessings,
Jill

http://blessingsofastayathomemom.blogspot.com

Sorry blogger still won't let me comment regularly!