Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Mammaliogram


If you ever watched AbFab, then you remember this conversation:

Patsy: You ever had the tit test?
Edina: The tit test?
Patsy: You know, the hand-tit test?
Edina: No I go to the clinic once a month, they do a mammaliogram.

The moment I realized it was my turn to have a mammogram, I immediately thought of AbFab. The real reason, however, is far from funny. I am going to be forty later this year, but my sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has undergone a mastectomy.

This came as a shock to us as there was no history of cancer, that we know of, in our family. But as of now, there is a history so when I had my annual last week, I asked for a form for a mammogram. I'm making an appointment and buying myself a chocolate shake afterward as a reward. Not looking forward to having my boobs made into dorsal fins but it's for a very good reason.

3 comments:

Kirsty Girl said...

Ha! Dorsal fins! Too funny. Gotta love some abfab! I wish you the very best of luck dear!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Claudia, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis. Hoping your mammogram is easy and painless. :)

Marieke said...

Well that just sucks, but I agree on the need to have it done. I get my first one later this year, after my 35 birthday because my Mum had Breast Cancer. I think a Chocolate Milkshake is the perfect pick me up afterwards!