Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Giving it up


I'm giving up purchasing any new craft supplies for Lent.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it (image from thefrisky.com)

The good news is, I have a crapload of craft items stored away so it's not like I'm going to be lacking materials, but it's always so good to go out and buy something for a new project, isn't it?

I found a piece of fabric in my old stash that I already have plans for.

I'd like to say that I'm going to clean out most of my stored stuff and use it all up, but who am I kidding? I won't use half of it and I'll still want new stuff to craft with.

Alas, I am going into this with the best intentions and that's all I can ask for.

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

2 comments:

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Hilarious. Hope you don't go into withdrawl!
AmitiƩs,
Angela
ParisienneFarmgirl.com

Carina M said...

well, given I'm not a practicing Catholic, I really won't be making any hard sacrifices on that ;)

I did toy with the idea, but decided not to in the end. I'm being careful with what I eat everyday - isn't that like a year round Lent? Oh, I can rationalize away that so good.

-carinae-