Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A lovely morning

Yesterday I had a nice walk and cup of coffee with a good friend. We've known each other since our kiddos (her only, my oldest) were weeks old. We met at a mom's club meeting and realized we lived around the corner from each other.

Here they are in one of their early dates ;D

You'd think we see each other often. How bad is it, in reality? It's been so long since I've seen her that she didn't even know my dad had died last July.

To be fair, she is studying to be a nurse and keeps a schedule that would drive me batty, but the light at the end of the tunnel is very visible and I look forward to congratulating her when she graduates soon. She has no classes this week so we walked to Starbucks - which we used to do all the time with our babies in strollers - and chatted for a while.

It was lovely. She is a calm, kind, gentle soul (VERY unlike me) and it was good talking about what what our kids are up to now and what we're up to now. It's good to make the effort, to find those precious minutes when we can reconnect with a friend. It's what makes my life well-rounded.

No comments: