Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I've been doing

I've been feeling like lightening up my home with some spring-y blues and greens. A couple of trips to Michaels and IKEA helped in that endeavor.

These candles got glammed up with some flowers - $2.99 for six at Michaels - and ribbon.
The center one is on one of my yellow ramekins from World Market.

We've had this lovely glass vase since our wedding - we used it for cards with good wishes our guests wrote. After, it languished in the master bathroom for almost eight years. Then I saw this on the PB website.
I got a fake plant (because our dining room is so dark it wouldn't be fair to a poor real plant) and I love how it looks, flanked by my beloved Fleur-de-Lis candlesticks.

With the help of one of my new BFFs, Valspar's Everglad Glen spray paint, I brought a frame into the spring season.
This is one of my all-time favorite pics of my boys together.

Last week I was super inspired by Kimba's Map Decor link party and did this:
The lantern is from IKEA (I also have one in light green) and the tray was paint sprayed with another new favorite, Valspar's Exotic Sea. I love the combination of the bold turquoise with the muted map print and the white lantern.

So that's my mini Spring-a-looza tour - I am currently working on a long project that involves lots and lots - and lots - of fabric. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Everything looks so fresh and bright and a perfect welcome to Spring. I think I am going to have schedule an IKEA trip the next time I am home!