Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Frogs in my house

The sweet yellow flowers I am SO loving right now are Ranunculus, which is Late Latin for little frogs, according to Wikipedia.

I love their round shape and many layers of petals - here are some tips from The Martha herself on how to arrange some of these beauties.
I have yellow and red ranunculuses (ranunculi?) so I prefer to keep each color by itself when I arrange them around the house.

Another idea, this time from one of my favorite publications - Real Simple:
I usually place three flowers in a little bud vase or a spare glass jar for a sweet and simple look, but I will try the terracotta pots idea.

I've also pinned some lovely ranunculus images on Pinterest if you'd like to join me there.

I can't wait until my yellow roses bloom again, I am hoping for a pretty arrangement of yellow roses and ranunculus with some greenery thrown in for balance.

Do you have a favorite flower?

5 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello my pretty friend!

How are you doing? I've been feeling sooooo sleepy lately! hahaha

I love this! Geee... so beautiful, Claudia!

My favorite flowers are tulips. :-)

Enjoy your day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

i like roses and peonies....funny the first pic look so PERFECT, almost as of they were cut out. :)))


www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Michaela said...

Wow! Those flowers are gorgeous! Such detailed flowers...love 'em.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh! These are so beautiful! My favorites are delphiniums lately, but I'm also fond of any flower that I don't kill.

Belichek said...

in the Czech Republic are rarely sell flowers .. and they cost very little time ... but I really like))