Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Carine Roitfeld: "Quite Classic with an Edge"

I'm not even going to pretend I am some sort of fashionista or anything, but I do know who Carine Roitfeld is - the fabulous and fierce former editor of French Vogue - and I have been reading that she may have her own clothing line soon! If you saw The Devil Wears Prada, the character of Jacqueline Follet, the French Runway editor who almost replaces Miranda Priestly, is supposed to be based on Carine.

Here are Miranda and Jacqueline, I mean, Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeld:
Aren't those nice smiles? ;D

Again, not that a CR clothing line would mean much to me because I seriously doubt that I could afford anything she puts out there, but still, I like most of what she did at French Vogue and would love to see what her line looks like.

She also has a soft spot for Mario Testino, the famous - and Peruvian! - photographer who has captured so many iconic images, including some of a pair that's getting married this Friday. I forget their names.

Anyway, if she does a clothing line, maybe she can do a collaboration with Target - THAT would be awesome. A girl can dream.

The title of my post is from a quote by Carine describing her own style.

1 comment:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow that would be awesome if she would do a line for Target!! I agree a girl can dream! I also wanted you to know that I had hit a milestone on my blog and am having an all natural organic giveaway and I would love for you to enter.