Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One of my favorite book series

I love to read. A lot. I always have, since I was little. But whereas my husband likes a good story more than anything, I like good characters more than anything. Back when I used to review books, I discovered The Nora. You know, Nora Roberts. The grande dame of romance herself. My favorite Nora Roberts books, however, are not to be found under her name; she writes futuristic thrillers under the pseudonym of J.D. Robb.

The thing is, while I love Nora's J.D. Robb books, and the trilogies written under her own name, I absolutely cannot read her stand alone books. I don't know what it is, but I have tried to read 3 of them and have hated every single one of them.

Anyway, the J.D. Robb books are great, and at the center of them is Eve Dallas, the tough police lieutenant who fights for justice in every book. She is a complex character, and she is what keeps me coming back to these books. The hottie husband, crabby butler, and rest of the characters don't hurt, but it's Eve who is at the center of these books.

Some of them do get a little gory and the language is rough, but if neither of those things bother you, you might want to give the In Death series a try.

2 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hi Claudia!

You've changed your picture. You look so pretty!


I also love reading, but I'm feeling so tired lately and if I start reading I fall asleep! LOL

I'll make a note about this book. Maybe I'll get it soon.


Have a great day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Jill said...

I've always liked Nora Roberts....her Chesapeake Bay series is one of my favorites! But ironically I've never read these books under her name. I'll have to add them to my reading list! Which is fairly long right now. Schoolwork tends to take priority! LOL Have a great day!!

Blessings,
Jill