Friday, August 26, 2011

Fashion Friday: Red lipstick

With fall coming I've been hankering for some red lipstick - I have owned many a burgundy shade in my life, but true red has never been in my radar . . . until now.

I recently purchased Revlon's Certainly Red and I love it. It's a blue-based red but even with my yellow/olive undertones I can wear it.

I would wear it with an all-black, black-and-white or cool toned outfit, though, so that leaves me wanting a red I can wear with warm tones.

Maybe it will be Maybelline's Red Revival?


Or MAC's Ladybug?


Maybe MAC's Lady Danger will be it!


I'll let you all know how my hunt turns out - do you have a favorite lipstick shade?

4 comments:

Carina M said...

I've found that most true red lipsticks look good on me - my favorite reds are from MAC

- Russian Red with MAC's Brick liner
- Viva Glam (original) with Mahogany liner
- O (and it has a slight gold frost to it that looks surprisingly good on me!) with Mahogany liner

I think true reds will look good on you because of the hint of underlying blue in the color base. It cancels out the yellowness of my skin...I have a pic of me wearing Russian Red, but it's just a lip shot of it in my FB profile. :)

Donna said...

Claudia, I've had the exact same problem. I can't do red because it doesn't normally have yellow undertones. I'll have to check this out!

Thanks for the advice..I know it will look great on you. :o)

xo
Donna

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I bet these will look great on you! Lately I've been going with a light pink. I'm not sure if I could do red with my light skin...maybe.

Anonymous said...

Lol...I love all makeup, but as a fair skinned red head I don't find many red shades I like. However I do like a darker/neutral lip color or dark mauves. :-) You'll look great in any of these!

Blessings,
Jill

http://blessingsofastayathomemom.blogspot.com