Friday, February 18, 2011

Pillow Talk

I recently ordered some pretty fabric because I was jonesing to make some new pillow covers. I had made some red/green/tan striped ones but my husband hated them with a passion, so I figured, hey, I get to make new pillow covers!

I went neutral this time and also ordered some pretty trim to go with my fabrics
I love the color combination against our burgundy sofa.

Next time, though, I would go for a neutral sofa, something like a light brown, and these covers would still go nicely.
The ribbon satisfies my fleur-de-lis fetish :D

The quatrefoil design on this fabric is so pretty, detailed enough for not fussy.


The trim has a very nice sheen to it and frames both fabrics well.
I have a few more covers to make, I really need a 25- or 26-hour day!

Linking this up!
Weekend Bloggy Reading
linkpartyIron Violet Designs

and at Show and Share and Scentsy Day!

5 comments:

Emily Carter said...

Those are absolutely beautiful! Elegant and classy, and the script fabric is to die for. Thanks for linking up!

chris said...

Pretty! I am chuckling because I posted with the exact same title today, showing off pillows I made. I love the "flourish".

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You made those??! Claudia, they are gorgeous. :) The one with the script is my favorite!

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

Donna said...

Claudia those are just awesome! I'm so needing to do pillow covers for the couch, but just have been going blank in the idea arena. These are so elegant!

xo
Donna

Jen said...

Oh, I love that fleur-de-lis! Thanks for sharing this at Fantastic Friday, I hope that you will join us again this week!