Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I know what I did last weekend

So, a couple of weekends ago we were all sick as dogs. The boys were running around, not letting their coughs interfere with playing, but my husband and I were feeling like spit warmed over. I had a whole Sunday ahead of me and I decided to do something productive. I mean, more productive than adding to the used tissue pile.

The last time my fabric store had a flannel sale I snagged a few different pieces.
Blues were the dominant color, but I chose patterns that weren't too baby-ish. I'm kind of done with puppies and kitties and duckies at this point.

I made a few sets of jammies with my boys' initial on the t-shirt top.
They share the same first initial, so handing them down to little brother won't be a problem!

I also made a few fitted sheets and pillowcases


I found cute blue ribbon with moons and stars, I thought it fit the bedtime scheme, so I added it to the pillowcases
All in all I made 2 fitted sheets, 3 pillowcases, 3 sets of jammies and about 8 pajama pants. No, I didn't make them all on that Sunday, but I started then, which is the toughest thing to do, to get started.

I get this silly "frontier woman providing for her family" feeling whenever my boys wear or use something I've made. It's a great feeling.

handmade projects

4 comments:

Lilsoapboxx said...

How does one go about making a fitted sheet? I've thought about it it, but really, it hurts my head to figure it out! LOL

claudia b said...

here's a good tutorial
http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/crib-sheet-pattern.html
i prefer to leave an extra inch all around the sheet so I can hide the elastic, but that's just my preference.

Donna said...

Claudia, You are so talented! Wow..I'd love to be able to make a pillow or sheet or jammies like that! Good for you!

Blessings,
Donna @ Comin' Home

Jill said...

These are just wonderful! Sewing well has been on my list to learn for a long time...lol. I think I've just been keeping busy with everything else,lol.

Thanks for your sweet comment, sorry to hear you suffer from allergies as well. They can be a mystery at times. :-)

Blessings,
Jill