Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Organizing: Menu Planning

I have been planning weekly menus for the past few months and I have to say it has made a difference. From the amount of money we spend to the quality of the food my family eats, it's a difference for the better.

I like to use AllRecipes because the reviews are real as opposed to a place like foodnetwork.com, where you have people praising the shit Sandra Lee "cooks" and Rachael Ray's "recipes". Come on.

Also, at AllRecipes, you select the recipes you want to cook and it creates a shopping list for you. Easy peasy. I recently made lasagna for the very first time - for a couple of foodie friends, no less - and it was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.

My goal this year is to fine tune my menu planning process and try different cuisines. My husband loves Indian and Thai food so I will be trying some of those recipes this year. What are your favorite recipe sources?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love looking at different food blogs & will bookmark my favorites to try. Every week I'll go through my folder and pick out what to make based on what's on sale, I have a coupon for, etc.

Carina M said...

I have to say I love www.epicurious.com. I keep a baking blog, too - http://www.msbakesalot.com.

There is a site that my friend invited me to join...and I can't remember. When I do, I'll post it to your FB wall.