Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Mantel

As you might have seen in my silly turkey garland post, our mantel has been de-Halloween-ed and is now ready for Thanksgiving. But last Thursday the boys and I made a little something to add up there.

I got the inspiration for this from pinterest, of course, but I decided to make this craft with stuff I had on hand.

I have been saving glass jars for the past few months, I'm trying to replace plastic food storage as much as I can, and I had a few pasta sauce jars that weren't all the same size but they worked in a group.

Then I added a band made of scrapbook paper, created the letters and border on Photoshop, and added some curling ribbon. The contents of the jars are dried out corn husks and stems from my backyard.

I think it looks nice atop my dark mantel:

As you can tell, my boys have started to pick off some of the poor turkeys' eyes and even one of the faces (look to the right end of the garland). As long as they don't eat them, I'm fine with it :D The dried sunflowers on the right are also from my backyard, we got tons of seeds, so yummy!

Hope you have a great Monday!




Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

Ann said...

That is such a lovely Thanksgiving mantle... love it ♥

Donna said...

Claudia, I love your jars! They make me think of that pinterest photo I shared. How fun!

Your letters look very similar to mine..though I just drew mine out by hand. My printer was out of ink.

BTW, I just posted a few little crafts that Rebekah I finalized for Thanksgiving. I thought you might like them.

Happy Thanksgiving to your and yours. Love your great ideas. :o)

xo
Donna