Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Craft: Turkey Garland

I saw this cute place setting craft at my favorite paper store


and I'd been thinking of making a garland with my oldest, so I decided to make a variation of this cute turkey. I had all the materials except the eyes, so that was $1.99 spent.

First I punched out the body out of brown construction paper and cut tan triangles for the beaks:


Then my boy added googly eyes - we thought that would be a lot more fun! I asked him to go crazy coloring with oranges and reds on yellow paper, for the plumage.


Some of them looked silly, and my son said he wanted to make them all different because people are all different :D


Then we taped the turkeys onto orange curling ribbon:


Et voila! Here is our beautiful, fun, and very silly turkey garland!!!


I love walking into my house and seeing this fun garland that my son and I made together. He loves doing crafts with me and I am planning more Thanksgiving fun - hope you enjoyed our Turkey Garland!

Thursday Favorite ThingsVisit thecsiproject.comThe Shabby NestWeekend Bloggy Reading

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! I LOVE all the different ones.

365danbury said...

That is so freaking adorable! I love it! I wish I had an itch to be crafty like that.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat M said...

I am blog hopping from Katherine's Corner. I'd love to follow your blog but I don't see a place to do that. Thanks for posting such a cute project! Makes me wish my grandkids were closer! Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/. Hugs, GraceinAZ