Thursday, February 10, 2011

A moment

This morning I was at my sons' school, helping out in my oldest's classroom. I listened to him and his classmates singing their days of the week and their months of the year. The last syllable in December lasts longer, and goes higher, and it always makes me smile, to listen to all those sweet young voices singing it.

As I left, I stopped by the office to buy some Valentines for him. My little one has no classes there on Monday but my oldest does. They're raising money by selling lollipops you can buy for $1 and they will be delivered to the classroom. I hope he likes them.

I went through the playground to get to my car and got sweet hugs from my boy, who was on recess. I also got some winks. Winks are awesome, and he does them so well. Then his BFF came up to me to get a hug, too.

I smiled as I got in my car, my boy and his friends playing in the cold, but sunny morning, their laughter a tender melody; my other boy learning more every day in his classroom, too.

It was a good moment. I love my life.
Weekend Bloggy Reading

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Aww. Sweet!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Claudia,

I always, always love your posts, especially the ones that you open your heart as this one. I also have a son (and a daughter) and it's unbelievable how much we love them and how moments like the one you describe are important to us.

About 2 years ago my sister was pregnant and she asked me how hard it was to raise a child. I said to her that it's not easy, that you'll be really tired sometimes and you'll never have a moment that you don't worry about them. You'll always be wondering if they're safe, what are they doing, if they're hungry, if they're eating enough veggies, etc. But there will be moments that nothing of this really matter, all the tiredness, all the work will be worth, simply because you'll find love and joy in the little things that they do. You truly understand what love really means.

Have a great weekend, Claudia!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Post of the day: DEXTER INSPIRED DECOR. (warning: it's creepy!!!) :-)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

What a lovely post! They are selling lollipops & pencil grams at my kids school.

Visiting from Serenity Now!

Gina said...

I used to pinch myself, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to go see my kids at school during the day - whether I was chaperoning or helping with a party or just having lunch with them. I miss those days a little, now that the youngest is in middle school...

Jill said...

What a sweet moment.... we got to treasure them all. :-) They just grow too quickly!

Have a wonderful weekend!

blessings
Jill

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I love sweet moments like that! :) I try to remember to treasure moments like that when they happen b/c I don't know if the middleschool years will be like that. ;) Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

Donna said...

That is such a sweet story Claudia. Thanks for sharing it. :o) Precious!

Blessings,
Donna